Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (Indian Oil) is the largest commercial enterprise in India and the leading Indian Company in Fortune?s prestigious ?Global 500?listing. It was adjudged as ?one of the best employers? in India by an Outlook Business- Hewitt Associates study conducted in 2008-09. In its endeavor to realize the vision of becoming the ?energy of India and ?a globally admired energy company?, Indian Oil is looking for bright result ? oriented professionals to join its journey of growth.
Applications are invited for the position of Engineers/ Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs) in the following engineering disciplines:
* Chemical Engineering (Including Petrochemicals engineering)
* Civil Engineering
* Electrical Engineering
* Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics &
* Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics &
* Communication engineering/ Telecommunication engineering)
* Mechanical Engineering (excluding Production/ * Manufacturing/ Industrial engineering)
* Metallurgical Engineering
The eligibility criteria regarding prescribed educational qualification, age and other eligibility criteria and application procedure is mentioned below:
Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor?s degree in engineering/ technology in the above mentioned disciplines (full time regular courses only) from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
Candidates (belonging to general and OBC category) should have secured minimum 65% marks in qualifying degree examinations. It is relaxed to ?pass class? for SC/ST/PH candidates.
Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st July 2010.
Maximum 26 years as on 30th June, 2010 for the general category candidates. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PH candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directive.
Reservation of posts for SC/ST/OBC(Non-Creamy Layer)/ PH(degree of disability 40% or above) will be maintained as per Government of India directives. Age relaxation to OBC (non-creamy layer), SC/ST and PH candidates will be extended as per the Presidential Directive. For getting the reservation benefits under OBC category:
o The name of caste and community of the candidate must appear in the ?Central list of other Backward Classes?
o The candidates must not belong to creamy layer.
o The candidates need to furnish their OBC certificate as per the format prescribed by Government of India. Age relaxation by 5 years for candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989. Age relaxation by 5 years for Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs / SSCOs) subject to rendering minimum 5 years? military service and fulfillment of other conditions prescribed by Government of India. Minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination is relaxed to ?pass class? for SC/ST/PH category candidates.
Desirous candidates seeking employment with IndianOil needs to be medically fit as per IndianOil?s pre-employment medical standard. Candidates are advised to go through the ?Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical Examination? before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available in the following link: http://iocl.com/PeopleCareers/Recruitment.aspx
Selection, Training and PlacementThe selection methodology will comprise of the following: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineers (GATE) 2010 score of the candidates in the concerned disciplines. The graduate engineers from the relevant disciplines, desirous of taking up a career with IndianOil are required to
appear in GATE-2010 in the same disciplines. The disciplines and corresponding GATE papers along with GATE paper codes are given below:
Engineering discipline advertised by Indian Oil Corresponding GATE ? 2010 paper Corresponding GATE ?2010 paper code
Chemical Engineering (Incl. Petrochemicals) Chemical Engineering CH Civil Engineering Civil Engineering CE Electrical Engineering Electrical Engineering EE Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication engineering/ Telecom. engineering) Instrumentation Engineering IN Mechanical Engineering (excluding Production/ Manufacturing/ Industrial) Mechanical Engineering ME Metallurgical Engineering Metallurgical Engineering MT On the basis of GATE-2010 score, the candidates will be short listed for further selection process comprising of: Group Discussion / Group Task Personal Interview for assessment of different facets of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude. Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection. Selected candidates shall have all-India transfer liability and may be posted to any Division / Unit / Subsidiary Company / Office of the Corporation. General category candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs.1,00,000 (Rs.25000/- for SC/ST/OBC & PH candidates) to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years from the date of joining (date of appointment as Engineer in case of GAEs after successful completion of training).
Engineers/ Officers Candidates selected as engineers/officers will receive a provisional starting basic pay of Rs.23000/-per month. In addition, the selected candidates will receive Dearness Allowance (DA) and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation in force, as amended from time to time. Other allowances / benefits include HRA / subsidized housing accommodation (depending upon place of posting), medical facilities, performance related pay, gratuity, contributory provident fund, employees pension scheme, group personal accident insurance scheme, leave encashment, leave travel concession (LTC)/ LFA, contributory superannuation benefit fund scheme, house building advance(HBA), conveyance advance/ maintenance reimbursement, professional updation allowance, lap-top computer, children?s education allowance etc. as per rules. The Cost-to-Company (CTC), in case of a metro city posting, will be around Rs. 7.60 lakhs per annum inclusive of performance related pay (PRP) Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs) Candidates selected as GAEs for one-year apprenticeship training will be paid consolidated stipend @ Rs.20,000/- per month. Upon successful completion of apprenticeship training, they may be appointed as engineers in the scale of pay referred above.
How to apply
1. GATE-2010 is scheduled on 14th February 2010. For detailed information on GATE-2010, interested candidates may log on to http://www.iitg.ernet.in/gate or websites of other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.2. Candidates need to purchase the GATE application form as per the information provided in GATE-2010 websites. They should fill-in and submit the GATE application form as instructed by the GATE authorities and wait for the admit card to get the GATE registration number
3. The candidates will receive their GATE-2010 registration number printed on their admit card. On receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply in IndianOil on-line. The relevant link will be made available from 11th Janaury?2009 at the ?People & Career? link of Indian Oil website www.iocl.com. 4. Candidates should click on the on-line application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the on-line application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2010 registration number.
5. Upon completion, the candidate should submit the online application by clicking the Submit button at the bottom of the page. If the same is accepted, the system will generate a unique application ID along with the completed application form.
6. Candidate should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/ her signature at the space provided and keep with him/ her safely for future reference. The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same submitted along with GATE application form. In case the candidate called for GD/GT and interview, he/she should come with this printed application form, along with GATE-2010 admit card and GATE-2010 official score card.
7. The last date for receiving application On-Line is 13th February 2010
1. The candidates must have an active e-mail id, which must be valid for at least next one year. All future communication with the candidates will take place through email only.
2. The candidates should have the relevant documents like percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination, caste/sub-caste certificate, date of issue, name of issuing authority, state of origin, etc. readily available with them before they commence application process. These information will be required at the time of filling-in the on-line application.
3. Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
4. Candidates who have appeared/ are appearing in final qualifying examination in 2010 may also apply. In the event of their being short listed for interview, they will have to submit documentary proof of having passed the qualifying examination with minimum prescribed percentage of marks by 31st July 2010.
5. PH candidates will be considered for selection against the identified posts.
6. Candidates belonging to OBC category, but coming in creamy layer will not be entitled to the benefit of reservation and should apply as General Category candidate.
7. Candidates presently employed in Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies will require to submit NOC from competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview.
8. A candidate can apply in one discipline only. Candidates applying for more than one discipline will not be considered.
9. Candidates not found to be meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria shall be rejected at any stage of the selection process
Click Here For Details (pdf)
Arunanand T A
CEC 2010 CS