Minutes of Alumni General Body Meeting
Date: 6 August, 2011
Venue : College of Engineering Chengannur
Vinod P R, Treasurer, Alumni, started the discussion with an introduction to the importance of strengthening alumni relations. The college authorities expect good cooperation from all alumni especially from well placed alumni members by conducting technical/managerial talks to the students in the college itself. Also they can arrange internship for the students. He also informed about the progress of work to register the association as a charitable one.
Mr. Kiran C, President , Alumni discussed the following points in the agenda
1) Need for a fixed date for alumni meeting and the number of meetings required per year.
One suitable day in July/August is preferred since it will be the time that people return from the US. – Mr. Baiju, Mr. Bobby Devassia, Mr.Swaroop, Mr.Rajesh, of 1997 supported the dates and Mr. Venketesh, 1998 supported the date and suggested that there should be a strong motivation to attend the meeting. Arjun R pillai of 2010 suggested to conduct it during December alongside Christmas/New Year/Shutdown. Kiran of 2003 suggested a date close to Onam when people are likely to come home. Sony of 2003 suggested the meeting to be conducted at different places and some official from the college should attend the meeting which is a custom at her college where she has pursued her MBA. Finally a decision has evolved to conduct one meeting on 2nd Saturday of July and the date was passed by the general body.
2) The General Body agreed that every batch should be represented in the Alumni Association. A Selection of representative from each pass out batch followed. The tentative list of representatives is given below.
1997 – Mr. Bobby Devassia
1998 – Mr.Abhilash G S
1999 – Mrs Usha Gopalakrishnan
2000 – Nobody from the batch is present
2001 – Mr. Tobby Devassia
2002 – Nobody from the batch is present
2003 – Mr. Kiran C
2004 – Mr. Jim
2005 – Nobody from the batch is present
2006 – Mr. Binoy Vincent
2007 – Mr. Jayakrishnan
2008 – Mr. Libin K Philip (Not present in the meeting. But heavily recommended by the 2008 batch)
2009 – Mr. Sharon
2010 – Mr. Arunanand T A
2011 – Mr. Richie Sam Ommen
3) Election of new office bearers for Alumni Executive Committee 2011-2012
|President||Baiju K U (1997 passout)|
|Vice President 1||Abhilash G S (1998 passout)|
|Vice President 2||Richie Sam Oommen (2011 passout)|
|Secretary||Sreejayan (1998 passout)||Not present at meeting. But has expressed willingness to volunteer for the association.|
|Treasurer||Vinod P R (1997 passout)|
|Editor||Arunanand T A (2010 passout)|
|Technical Head||Githin F Alappatt (2007 passout)||Not present at meeting. But has expressed willingness to volunteer for the association.|
a) A new post of Editor for the Alumni Association has been suggested and the general body approved with necessary modifications in the by law.
b) Another post of Technical Head, to control and coordinate technical related work was created. Will form a technical committee comprising of Alumni who are PhDs or PhD students. The post was approved by the general body with necessary modification in the bye law.
All the new office bearers were approved by the association.
4) Formally accepted the formation of CEC Alumni Chapter in Bangalore, Chennai and Trivandrum.
5) Planning of 2018 Silver Jubilee Celebration. Mr. Kishore G 1997 passout : We must improve the infrastructural facilities in the college. We should help the college to construct Guest Houses etc. Arjun R Pillai and Baiju : We must ensure the 100% utilization of existing facilities and project evaluation should be done in a standard way. Product development can be done and can be patented in the name of college and alumni can play the major role in such activities. No strong points has evolved regarding the Silver Jubilee Celebrations.
6) To encourage students to go for higher education, it was decided to set up a prize for the student with the highest GATE rank. The executive committee will discuss and decide how to find funds for this and implement this.
Due to lack of time the meeting was dispersed and everybody went for lunch. Other agenda points will be discussed later during Executive Committee Meetings. The meeting witnessed participation from most of the Alumni batches. Participation from 1997 batch was the largest.
As obtained through E-mail from Mr. Alok Mohan, Secretary, CECAA 2010-11.
You can view the photos taken during CECians Global Meet 2011: HERE